|RROY Series Information|
2013 Rochester Runner of the Year Series
Sponsored by: Otter Lodge, GRTC, Innovative Edge Sports, Johnny's Irish Pub, Medved Running and Walking
Link to Google Calendar of RROY Races:
The goals of the RROY Series are to recognize the top runners in Rochester area races, promote racing, and help build participation in area races. The GRTC oversees and sponsors the series.
2013 Series Standings (updated 12/01/13): 2013_rroy_standings_12
2013 Series Winners (updated 12/01/13): 2013_rroy_standings_12winnersonly
2013 Consistent Participant Award Winners: To be announced
2012 Final Series Standings (updated 11/29/12): 2012_rroy_standings_12a
2012 Final Series Standings - Winners (updated 11/29/12): 2012_rroy_standings_12a_winners_only
2012 Consistent Participant Award Winners:
Douglas Deweaver - Rochester M50-54
Ron Piazza - Leroy M50-54
Michael Shortley - Fairport M55-59
Tom Hawkins - Williamson M50-54
Elizabeth Knopf - Lima F40-44
Eligible & Winners: 2012_rroy_consistent_participant_final
2012 Series Rules, Scoring, & Prize Structure:
1. All races are scored the same - there are no double point races.
2. Points will be awarded to the top 15 overall men and top 15 overall women runners in each race of the series on a 15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 points basis.
3. Points will also be awarded in each 5 year age group to the top 10 men and women runners in each race of the series on a 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 points basis.
4. The following age groups will be scored in each race: 19 & under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, and 85-89 for both men and women.
5. Each runner's age will be determined by the registered age of the runner at his/her first completed series race and will remain constant for the entire series.
6. Awards will be announced no later than December 31st and will be presented at the GRTC banquet as follows:
Overall Men: 1st through 10th places
Overall Women: 1st through 10th places
Men & Women Age Groups: 1st through 5th places in all age groups
NOTE: There will be no "double dipping" for the 1st - 3rd overall men and women, since they will receive money awards. In other words, they will not be eligible as Age Group winners.
7. The overall Men's and Women's champions will be declared, "Rochester Runner of the Year".
8. There are 12 races in the RROY Series. The total points scored in a runner's best six (6) races will determine all award winners. Ties for 1st place only will be broken by head-to-head competition (see explanation below). If the tie still remains, and for places other than 1st, the tied athletes will be given the same place. There will be separate rankings for the Age Groups and the Overall divisions. In order to qualify for awards, a runner must compete in (and complete) at least four (4) series races. Fourth through tenth place overall winners are also eligible for age group awards.
9. There is no residency requirement. All registered runners completing a series race are eligible for points.
10. Five Consistent Participant prizes will be awarded by random selection to GRTC Member runners who have completed at least six RROY races and who have not won other series awards. If not a member, you must join GRTC prior to the completion of the last race in the series.
11. Any and all questions and protests will be decided by the RROY Series Committee.
Head-to-Head tiebreaker explained:
If a tie exists for first place overall after calculating the scores for the competitors' best five races, then the winner will be determined by which competitor finished ahead of the other the greatest number of times in series races in which they both ran. If this tiebreaker rule still results in a tie, then they will be named co-champions.
2011 Rochester Runner of the Year Series
Overall 2011 Winners: Trisha Byler & Todd Meyer!
Standings: rroy_2011_standings_11a (Revised 12/02/11)
Standings - Winners Only: rroy_2011_standings_11a_winners_only (Revised 12/02/11)
Consistent Participant Winners: rroy_2011_consistent_participant_winners (revised 12/27/11)
2010 Rochester Runner of the Year
Overall Winners: Trisha Byler & Mark Andrews
Consistent Participant Winners (by random drawing from those eligible):
Bob Singer (Hamlin)
Final Standings (updated 12/14/10): 2010rroy_standings_11
2009 Rochester Runner of the Year Series
Series Standings (Revised 12-05-09 - Race with Grace): 2009_rroystandings_11
Series Award Winners: 2009_rroystandings_11_awardwinnersonly
Runners Eligible for Consistent Participant Award (Revised 12-05-09 - Race with Grace): 2009_rroy_consistent_participant_qualifiers_11
2008 Rochester Runner of the Year
The Rochester Runner of the Year Committee:
Carolyn Kriesen -